Dr Winston Lim studied locally at the National University of Singapore, graduating in 1985. After obtaining his fellowship in Radiology he went on to sub-specialise in Neuroradiology and Neurointervention in Oxford UK in 1996, returning to establish the Neurointerventional service at the Singapore General Hospital.
He is currently employed at the Singapore General Hospital, having been there since he qualified as a radiologist. At SGH he was Deputy Head Training and Research till July 2017 , and serves as the Director of Neuroradiolgy and Head and Neck Radiology. He is also Associate Professor at NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine and Duke-NUS Medical School, Singapore, where he is the Clinical programme lead . He is the current Programme Director for the Singhealth Diagnostic Radiology Residency Programme .
Dr Lim holds concurrent appointments as Visiting Consultant at the National Heart Centre, Changi General Hospital, KK Women's and Children's Hospital, National Neuroscience Institute and National University Hospital.
He was also President of Singapore Radiological Society (2006 - 2009), and served in the Executive committee of the Asian Oceanian Society of Radiology till 2016 and is a current member of the WFITN and AAFITN.
Selected publications, Research Interests & Trial Publications
- A Novel, Self-Expanding, Nitinol Stent in Medically Refractory intracranial Atherosclerotic stenoses. The Wingspan study A Bose, M Hartmann, H Henkes, Hon ML, M Teng, A Szikora, A Berlis, J Ruel, SCH Yu, M Frosting, M Liu, WEH Lim, Sit SP. Stroke May 2007 Vol 38 1531-1537
- Nipah viral encaphalitis or Japanese encephalitis? MR finding in a new zoonotic disease - CC Tcoyoson Lim, YY Sitoh, F Hui, Lee KE, BSP Ang, E Lim, WEH Lim, HML Oh, PA Tambayah, JSL Wong, CB Tan, TSG Chee - American Journal of Neuroradiology 21: 455-461 March 2000.
- Correlation of the Apparent Diffusion Coefficient and the Creatine Level in Early Ischaemic stroke: A comparison of the different patterns by Magnetic Resonance. H Rumpel, J B K Khoo, H M Chang, W E H Lim, C Chen, M C Wong, K P Tan. Journal of Magnetic Resonance Imaging 13:335-343 2001
- Endovascular treatment of intracranial aneurysms - The Oxford experience: Winston Lim, James V Byrne. Neurointerventional Radiology: A multidisciplinary approach. Springer ISBN185233620X
- Spinal Epidural Haemangiomas associated with Extensive Gastrointestinal Haemangiomas Lionel Cheng W E H LIM- Interventional Neuroradiology Vol 11, No 2 2005
- Phonological processing in Chinese-English bilingual biscriptals: An fMRI study. Wendy Wp Tham, S J Rickard Liow, Jagath C Rajapaske, Tan Choong Leong, Samuel E S Ng, Winston E H Lim, Lynn G Ho. NeuroImage 28 (2005) 579-587
Research / Trials
- fMRI in bilingual tasks - NMRC Grant
- Mapping Neuronal networks utilizing fMRI
- CSF flow in Norma Pressure Hydrocephalus- BMRC Grant